Sunday 5 March 2017

Abby's Overalls - a new pattern from The Wolf and the Tree



















A new pattern released today from The Wolf and the Tree. The Abby's Overalls is such a fun pattern. This pattern has so many options it was hard to decide which to make first. In the end, weather won out and I made the full pant option in a beautiful 4 way stretch french terry. 


When the pre-testing started for this pattern I insisted we must have a peplum option for girly girls. I knew my daughter would only wear these overalls if I could convince her they were basically a dress. Well Saskia went all out and added a peplum plus 3 different skirt lengths. The skirt is a full circle skirt with no seams and is it ever good for twirling!



I always love pattern testing for The Wolf and the Tree and I also always love how many options her patterns have. This is a definite must when factoring in the Canadian Dollar exchange rate for me. If a pattern only has one or two options, I likely won't buy it. This pattern has too many options to list so it is a definite winner!

I paired these overalls with a cotton/lycra version of the just keep swimming top. Since that top is very slim fitting it fits really nicely under these slip fitting overalls. All fabrics I used for this outfit are from Black Rabbit Fabrics

 Thanks for reading, now go get the pattern! It is on sale until Friday March 10th.

Oh, and stay tuned for a doll version releasing soon!

As always come see some of my other makes on Instagram.

Cheers! Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment