Monday 28 October 2019

Sew Fall with WWD


I've had the Winter Wear Designs Coquette on my "to sew" list for a long time. When I received the butterfly and pink solid fabric from Black Rabbit Fabric to sew off for strike-off photos, I knew this would be the perfect pattern to showcase the gorgeous print.
Due to the amount of fabric that I had, I ended up doing a tunic version for length by using the short bodice (with contrast strap) and knee length skirt. I also did 3/4 length sleeves although in hindsight given this is for fall/winter, i probably should have done full long sleeves. I am still debating whether it would be worth it to add in a cuff but that would mean getting it off her long enough to sew it on.
This tunic has been a total hit with the little miss. She has been insisting on wearing it paired with some comfy french terry leggings both for bedtime as PJ's and for daytime as play clothes. I still can't decide which I like it better for, so I'm not complaining too much. 
I absolutely love the butterfly print which is coming straight to retail to Black Rabbit Fabrics in November. There are so many colours featured in it that you really could pair it with almost any solid. Plus the quality is second to none with virtually no fading or pilling. I also love that the fabric is printed extra wide (68-70 inches versus the normal 58-60 inches wide). I can get a whole adult small romper out of just one meter which is unheardof!

Don't miss any of the stops along the tour:

10/28

10/29
Laura Hinze of Custom Made By Laura

10/30
Laurie Roberts of The Bear and the Pea Atelier

10/31
Patricia of Sew Far North

11/1
Livia of Liviality
Laurie Roberts of The Bear and the Pea Atelier

No comments:

Post a Comment